Tuesday 8 November 2011

Tutorial with Amber

(scan sheet)


I found todays tutorial with Amber quite motivating, there were quite a few positives mentioned about my work and it's potential which has made me just want to keep pushing it. 


My Body Shop brief is very close to an end, I need to complete the outer packaging and as talked about in my tutorial, I need to get it into context. I plan to do this by possibly proposing some kind of indoor/window display and also proposing a page to go on their website of the new winter products range.


The oriental brief is getting there, I myself think I need to experiment and bit more and get some more development work on my blog. As originally I wanted to do a typeface brief, Amber mention this would be a good brief to lead into that and I should focus on type with this.


My 3rd brief is going to be a collaboration with Ellis on one of my briefs I picked over summer. We are going to be taking a 'basics' supermarket range and re-designing to show that cheap and simple design doesn't have to look this way. We will be starting this on Monday 14th and have it finished by Friday 18th.


For my competition/4th brief I have chosen a YCN, I will be doing little bits of this (research, context, initial ideas) in between all of the above but will put my main focus on that after next weeks collaborative brief.


Mentioned in the tutorial I need to make sure I keep linking my design practice to my design context.
I also need to read of the module brief criteria to make sure i'm producing everything I need to for assessment. Amber suggested it would be a good idea to sit and think about what it is I want to be achieving out of each of my briefs other than the physical elements.

One of the main things I need to focus on now is time management and picking up the pace to get everything done. I also need to blog more.


To Do List:

No comments:

Post a Comment