Thursday 24 November 2011

Problems Identified

- I figured that there isn't really one major problem I can identify in this brief M&S have already decided on the idea for the new product (the picnic pack) and simply need people to expand on this idea and create it.
I feel M&S have made the decision this would be a practical and clever idea. People will buy into the concept for the convenience and easiness. My problem is to figure out exactly what the concept of the picnic pack will be.


- The concept/theme that I decide on needs to attract existing customers who shop in M&S and also attract new ones. I need to produce something that will get people interested and wanting to go on picnics. 


- I need to give people a reason to buy it. People may already be shopping in M&S for a picnic so I need to give them a reason why buying the pack is better than buying individual items.


- The brief doesn't specify a target audience it says we need to make the decision on this ourselves, however M&S is a well known store so must already have some kind of specific audience. The brief states that the customer base is simply just 'wide' so I want to find out who their existing customers are to then narrow this down to something more specific to focus my brief for.


- Another problem is that this product isn't ideal for all year round. People tend to go for picnics in warm summer months...how could I solve this issue.


- How will it be stored in the shop. Need to consider the contents as some items will need to be refrigerated however as it's the 'ultimate picnic pack' it will include things like plates and cutlery which is unnecessary to be in a fridge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment