Tuesday 22 November 2011

Mock Up To Scale

I worked out the size of my net based on it fitting around the inside packaging (the inside packaging has been made to a similar size of typical take away meal boxes). The outer packaging net will be printed onto A1 which at first I thought seemed really big but i've printed out a mock up today (I did this on 4 A3s and placed them together) and the sizing seems pretty good to me. All my font sizes look fine now they have been scaled up so I will not need to make any changes to it.


(add photos)


The only thing which I felt wasn't working were the little tabs at the top that keep it closed. They didn't seem to be fitting together right and were making the whole thing slightly lob sided. I'm not sure if this is due to the thin stock it is currently printed on however I've decided I will create a more simplistic locking tab to hold it together...something like this:


(add images)


I think this will also make the fastening slightly easier and will generally make the function of the packaging better.

No comments:

Post a Comment