Friday 7 October 2011

Tutorial with Lorenzo

During my tutorial today with Lorenzo, we spoke about the brief where I want to design my own typeface. He mentioned that I must make sure I have a reason behind my typeface and come up with a concept/story for what it would be about and used for. I had already thought about using a brief set by Raw design studio in which the typeface would be based on a theme (see here) but now I've had a think about it, I think my first brief of creating oriental food packaging would be a perfect reason for coming up with a bespoke typeface to be specially used for it. Before I can start this I need to decide what oriental food I will be exactly using, and then come up with a name. 


However as I have set a typeface design brief as one out of my four briefs for this module, I will either need to change this for something else that I looked at or, I could still go along with it which will just result in me having designed two typefaces.


In terms of design work with the current oriental meal brief I feel at a slight standstill as I need to work out if i'm actually sticking to the brief exactly and creating a whole new concept of meals for two or, if I'm going to be focusing more on the design which goes onto more simplistic packaging. If I'm honest, I'm more interested in the surface design rather than getting to complicated with shapes and form, however I don't just want to create something which is too standard so I will look into existing nets to see if I can find something appropriate or adaptable.

No comments:

Post a Comment