Wednesday 26 October 2011

Change Of Plan

As well as focusing on my dissertation this week I had also planned to either finish one brief in full or have my first two both nearly complete. I am currently waiting for YCN and D&AD to release their briefs in which one of those will be my 4th brief but I also really needed to have my third brief started. 
Initially my third brief was going to be my typeface design brief however i've had seconds thoughts about this. The main reason I wanted to do this brief was so I could design a typeface in order to add an extra element to my portfolio, but thinking about it now, I'm more interested in applying type and working with layout rather than actually creating the type itself. It seems a bit too technical and not very exciting in my opinion which is why I think I have put off starting it so far. Doing a brief purely for the reason of having something extra in my portfolio is not really a good enough reason and I really don't think i'm going to enjoy it which I why I have decided to scrap that brief for the time being. I will chose one of my other initial 10 briefs which I picked out over summer to take place of this brief (will post more about this when I have decided which one...I have been talking to Ellis about possibly doing a collaboration on one of my 10 briefs so this could be a possibility). 
I may attempt the type brief another time if I get a spare moment but trying to complete it for this module, I dont think will work out.

No comments:

Post a Comment